World Wide Knit In Public Day!


Yep, you read that right!

WWKIP day Logo: Image is two needles crossed over an image of the globe  Text around the globe reads: World Wide Knit in Public Day.
For those who are unfamiliar, please let me explain.  Every year, on World Wide Knit in Public Day, people gather together in public places to knit.  There's lots of reasons, which the website enumerates better then I ever could.  But, at it's most basic level, it's all about community.

So, I'll be out for WWKiP day this year.  I'm heading to Leslie Grove Park this Saturday, as The Purple Purl is running an event!  For the Toronto locals, the landmark for the park is Queen Street East and Jones Ave (which is 1 block west of Queen and Leslie). It's 1 to 4 pm, and it's going to be a sort of picnic, so bring blankets!   They'll have prizes, and a trunk show from The Blue Brick Yarns (who I have to confess I know very little about, but I'm suspecting that will change on Saturday)!

And, they'll also have some of the folks from Knitted Knockers there too!

It's going to be a busy weekend, but I'm looking forward to it.

Comments