Sneak Peek: Spiraling Star Fingerless Mitts

Hello everyone!

So here's a chance for a sneak-peek at one of my forthcoming designs; my (tentatively named) Spiraling Star Fingerless Mitts.   It's done up in Sweet Georgia Merino Silk Fine in "Hush", which means it doesn't have a lot of stretch to it, but I'm still quite happy with how it's turning out.

 A blue-white fingerless mitten knit in fingering-weight yarn. It has a ribbed top and bottom cuff and is made in a spiraling stitch pattern. The ends of the yarn at the thumb and at the palm are not woven in.
As you can see, it's not quite done yet (did the yarn ends give it away?), but it was a lot of fun to figure out. 

I've currently got the XS (which is shown) and the Large graded and figured out, the Small and Medium size will take a bit of different math. Because the stitch pattern continues on the thumb gusset, I've still got to figure that one out.

I'm not entirely sure when these will be up for a test-knit -- I'm hoping to finish the other mitten by the end of December, so probably sometime around then.   If you're hoping to test these, I will post here (and on Facebook and Ravelry) when I call for test-knitters, so keep your eyes open!


 

Comments

  1. looks lovely! i like what looks to be a slip stitch pattern across the body of the mitts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a a type of Star Stitch, so it's actually not slipped at all. The basic stitch is k3tog, YO, k3tog, all into the same 3 stitches.

      Delete
  2. And thank you all -so- much for the feature in the Knitting Love Link Party!

    http://undergroundcrafter.com/blog/2017/01/05/knitting-love-link-party-17-january-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm that looks interesting. Do we know when the pattern is likely to be released?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      As to when will they be released? Not as soon as I was originally planning, I admit! I didn't do as much with these as I would liked over the holidays, things always seem to get busier then I would like over the holiday break.

      That said, I'm hoping to do a test-knit call for these near the end of January, and releases usually happen about two months after test-knitting (assuming my tech editor doesn't find any glaring errors :D)

      So, my tentative estimate for a release is March-April, at this point. :)

      I'll definitely post the test-knit call here, so if you're interested, you can check it out if you'd like.

      Delete
    2. In case you're still curious, the pattern's in testing -now-. The testing should finish mid-May, so it's looking like an end of May release. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment